Thursday, September 18, 2008

How to Photograph a Hummingbird

I'm no expert by any means, but i'm making some progress. Now that i've got a lens that can handle the task, i've started experimenting with the placement of my feeder. It is in a spot now where I can sit in a chair about 10 feet away and the birds don't seem to be bothered by me too much. The trick is to wait.........and wait.........and wait some more. Good things come to those who wait............I guess.

Here is a shot of one of the little fellas perched up in the tree, waiting for just the right time to move in for a meal.



Wait.........wait.........wait.........listen for the hummmmm......

Finally!



This gets the adrenaline pumping for sure.



Notice all the lovebugs on the feeder?



Stay tuned for more!



Jason
8/18/08

2 comments:

La Gringa said...

Hi Jason,

Hope you don't mind... we put a link to your blog on our blog. :-)

Your photography is quite awe-inspiring.

Polly

Anonymous said...

Mind? I'm honored! You guys have one of the best blogs around. Many thanks. Give Dooley a pat on the head for me. :)